What is it about?
The European Union (EU) is seeking proposals for its programme entitled “Prevent and combat gender-based violence and violence against children”.
- Prevention of gender-based violence (GBV): The focus of this priority is on primary prevention, in particular changing social norms and behaviour, in order to end tolerance of all forms of gender-based violence. (Indicative amount: € 2 900 000)
- Protection and support for victims and witnesses of domestic violence, including through tackling under-reporting, promoting multi-disciplinary cooperation, and capacity building for relevant professionals. (Indicative amount: € 2 900 000)
- The coordination and/or adaptation of support services for sexual and gender-based violence to include refugees and migrants (children, women, LGBTI persons, men and boys), in particular to ensure their recovery from such trauma. (Indicative amount: € 2 400 000)
- Prevention and responding to cyber sexual- and gender-based violence (targeting children, women, LGBTI persons, men and boys), such as revenge porn, extortion with the use of sexual imagery (“sextortion”), sexual or gendered online harassment/bullying, grooming, etc. (Indicative amount: € 2 400 000)
- Promoting the embedding of child safeguarding policies across different settings and sectors, such as sports clubs and organisations, extra-curricular activities and/or leisure/recreation clubs/organisations for children (including faith/church-led; scouts and girl guides, private schools), both as a means to protect and safeguard children as well as to equip staff with the necessary training and guidance. (Indicative amount: € 2 700 000)
Project activities may include (for all the priorities):
- mutual learning, exchange of good practices, cooperation
- design and implementation of protocols, development of working methods which may be transferable to other regions or countries
- capacity building and training for professionals
- awareness-raising and education activities
In the same framework, IED has already implemented several innovative projects in the field of gender equality which included innovative practices. If you are interested in applying for this call you could contact us and further discuss the available options.
Submission deadline: 13 November 2018 17:00 (Brussels time)
The indicative maximum amount earmarked for this call is EUR 13 300 000.
Eligibility of the applicants:
2.1 List of eligible countries:
The Member States of the European Union (EU), including their overseas departments, and Iceland.
Proposals from applicants in candidate or associated countries may be selected provided that, on the date of award, agreements have entered into force setting out the arrangements for the participation of those countries in the programme.
Should a candidate or associated country join the programme during the call process, a notification will be posted on the Participant Portal.
2.2 Eligibility of the applicant and partners (lead applicant and co-applicant(s))
The applicant and partners must be public entities or private organisations, duly established in one of the countries participating in the programme, or international organisations. Organisations which are profit-oriented must submit applications in partnership with public entities or private non-profit organisations.
Note: Under the REC and Justice programmes, entities affiliated to a beneficiary are not considered as project participants. Their costs are not eligible.
2.3 Eligibility of the application
(a) The project can be either national or transnational;
(b) The application must involve at least two organisations (applicant and partner);
(c) The EU grant requested cannot be lower than EUR 75 000.
Vasiliki Soumpenioti Proposal Writer
She holds a BA in English Languages & Literature and carried on her studies with an MA in Women, Gender and Society, UCD, Ireland. She works at the submission department as a Proposal Writer. She is specialized in academic research & writing in several different fields. She has experience in preparation of similar proposals & the implementation of projects, both national and European.