The main aim of the project was the development of a process of certification which would give youth workers in NGOs the possibility of assessment and validation of learning outcomes and recognition of qualifications across Europe, particularly those acquired at work in non-formal and informal contexts.
This process was achieved through the following objectives:
- Adaptation of vocational qualifications and their description in terms of learning outcomes units in order to make them comply with the ECVET technical specifications;
- Development and application of a suitable methodology to translate EQF levels and assign and apply in ECVET points to the selected vocational qualifications in the youth work field;
- Establishment of European youth worker’s competence profile with defining competence areas and steps of competence development in order to facilitate lifelong learning paths development;
- Adoption and development of a suitable common methodology for evaluating and certifying learning outcomes and qualifications;
- Adoption and testing certification process among partner countries including evaluation, validation and recognition of learning outcomes for the purpose of transparency of qualifications;
- Providing an opportunity to youth workers to get their qualifications recognized, certified and valorized, which has a clear added value;
- Facilitation of the comparison of the knowledge, skills & competencies of persons working for youth organizations beyond national frontiers, contributing to geographic mobility;
- Provision of greater transparency & efficiency to the selection processes & recruitment inside the NGOs.