The project entailed the undertaking of research on young people’s opinions for their participation in the decision making process for local sustainable development. The research referred to young people and to local authorities and included specific tools (questionnaire, structured interview etc). The aim was to export useful conclusions of how young people conceive the decision-making process, their participation and if they do not participate, what are the reasons. The research also focused on the necessity of youth’s participation and the identifying of the obstacles that they face in this process. Through the research the local authorities had the opportunity to show the ways that they use in order to favour youth’s participation in the decision making process.
The main project acivities entailed the following:
- The undertaking of research directed at both youth and the local authorities, investigating the participation of youth in decision making.
- The organizing of a conference in Larissa, Greece, (30th January 2007) for the presentation of the results.
The objectives of this project are:
- The activation of young people and the promotion of their participation in the decision making processes at local level.
- Awareness raising with the local authorities, so that they include youth in the decision making process.
- The promotion of peace, democracy and participation.