What is Interreg?
Interreg: European Territorial Co-operation is one of the key instruments of the European Union (EU) to support cross cooperation between regions and countries through project funding.
With this collective effort, it wants to tackle the common challenges and find solutions in fields like health, environment, research, education, transport, sustainable energy and more, to help their economic and social development and tackle the obstacle of borders.
This European Territorial Cooperation (Interreg) is organised under multiple strands:
Programmes with a budget of €6.7 billion
Programmes with a budgetof €1.5 billion including Interreg Euro-Med, NEXT MED, ADRION and more
Interreg programmes EUROPE, INTERACT, URBACT and ESPON with total ERDF contribution of €500 million
Outermost regions’ cooperation
Cooperation programmeswith budget over €280 million
Are you planning to submit an Interreg Euro-MED project proposal?
WHAT IS INTERREG EURO-MED?
Interreg Euro-MED is a Territorial Cooperation Programme with a focus on the Mediterranean region supporting cooperation between countries of the through EU funded projects developed and managed by public administrations, universities, and private and civil society organisations.
Further, it encourages projects, initiatives and policies on the environment and climate change in line with the European Commission’s priorities and cohesion policy objectives.
DeadlineThursday 27th of October, 2022
The Programme brings together partners from 69 regions of 14 countries from the Northern shore of the Mediterranean with the common goal to create a climate neutral and resilient society for their citizens.
Each partnership must have a minimum of 5 organisations from different countries.
- Local public authorities - Regional public authorities - National public authorities
- Sectoral agencies
- Infrastructure and (public) service providers
- Interest groups including NGOs
- Higher education and research organisations
- Education/training centres and schools
- Enterprises, including SMEs
- Business support organisations
- European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (EGTC)
- International organisations,European Economic Interest Grouping (EEIG) (under national or international law)
- Hospitals and medical centres
Thematic projects + Missions = SUCCESS
The current Interreg Euro-MED call targets thematic projects focusing on the “Smarter and Greener Mediterranean” Programme priorities and their objectives:
Interreg Euro-MED call priorities
A Smarter Mediterranean
To develop and enhance research and innovation capacities and the uptake of advanced technologies.
A Greener Mediterranean
To promote climate change adaptation and disaster risk prevention, resilience, taking into account eco-system-based approaches.
To promote the transition to a circular and resource-efficient economy.
To enhance protection and conservation of nature, biodiversity and green infrastructure including in urban areas and reducing all forms of pollution.
Partner with iED to Answer Interreg Euro-MED’s Call for a Smarter and Greener Europe
The Interreg Euro-MED Missions
Interreg Euro-MED has identified 4 missions and each project has to contribute to at least one while pursuing the Programme’s objectives
Strengthen an innovative sustainable economy
Protect, restore, and valorise the natural environment and heritage
Promote green living areas
Enhance sustainable tourism
Why Choose iED
- A strong and lasting cooperation with public authorities at regional and national level.
- A wide network and collaborations for best results and greater impact.
- 100+ currently implementing projects to liaise with our new Euro-MED projects.
- We are Innovation Experts as a Digital Innovation Hub and coordinators of a European Digital Innovation Hub (EDIH) with a strong ecosystem in Europe and internationally.
- Our exploitation and communication experts can raise the potential of end-users by organising meetings, demonstrations, and innovation workshops.
- We provide access to demonstration facilities to test before invest in innovative solutions (products and services).
- We are experienced in developing training curricula for in-class and eLearning settings, creating customised courses, using AR and VR in educational programs, creating e-learning platforms and apps, gamifying training curricula, upskilling, reskilling, and certifying professional skills.
Effective and regular two-way information exchange with stakeholders and public authorities
Development of policy recommendations and policy briefs
Consultation with public authorities and relevant stakeholders
Citizens’ engagement and deliberation activities