What is it about?
It is important to foster market development, exploiting the added value of integration of Earth observation (EO) technologies (both satellite, airborne and ground-based) other data from different sources and across different market segments through the development of applications, and encourage their insertion into the market.
For such applications and developments to succeed in the market, the product needs to be shaped according to user needs and their value to users must be openly demonstrated to the wider user community. This needs to be achieved in an environment integrated at the level of the user, in order for users to accept the innovative potential which the product promise.
Proposals should address a wide variety of applications stemming from the use of Earth observation and its smart integration with other related technologies. Copernicus should be considered as part of the solution which may include other space or non-space inputs. This should lead to greater value, opportunities and especially market uptake. As long as the Data and Information Access Services (DIAS) are operational at the time of the publication of the call for proposals its facilities leveraging on the big data collection and processing should be part of the proposed application. Alternative cloud computing providers may be used in the case DIAS is not operational at the time of the publication of the call for proposals.
A business plan and evidence of user engagement shall be compulsory and shall be provided as part of the proposal, to demonstrate the user need and sustainability of the project.
- Establish sustainable supply chains for innovative Earth observation value-added products and services with demonstrated commercial value and targeted client communities;
- Establish sustainable supply chains for innovative Earth observation value-added products and services with demonstrated innovative technology;
- Demonstrate complete integration, based on international standards, into the customer’s existing business processes and processing chains, as well as the economic viability of the application;
- Enhance European industry’s potential to take advantage of market opportunities and establish leadership in the field, as well as boost business activity;
- Lead to new or improved products, processes or services on the market, which are capable of generating a significant turnover and creating new jobs.
Deadline: 12 March 2019
Available call budget in EUR: 9,000,000
In the same framework, iED has already implemented several innovative projects which included innovative practices. If you are interested in applying for this call you could contact us and further discuss the available options.