A few weeks ago, Health Hub, the candidate European Digital Innovation Hub (EDIH), travelled to Sofia, Bulgaria to meet with its strategic partners at the Health and Life Sciences Cluster Bulgaria. The purpose of this meeting between these important regional players in Health technology was to discuss and seal potential collaborations for the future.
The Health Hub delegation from Greece was constituted by Dr Anastasios Vasiliadis, President of iED and CEO of JOIST Innovation Park, and Maria Pournari, Managing Director of Health Hub. In the Bulgarian capital, they met with and stakeholders and partners held fruitful discussions during their visit. All this was made possible by Kristina Eskenazi, Chairwoman of the Management Board of Health and Life Sciences Cluster Bulgaria.
Who else attended the meetings with Health and Life Sciences Cluster
Apart from the Greek delegation of Healh Hub, personalities from the industry, government and academia of Bulgaria also attended the meeting:
- Todor Mladenov, Executive Director at Sofia Tech Park JSC
- Dimitar Dimitrov, Chairman of Management Board Health & Life Sciences Cluster Bulgaria
- Mihajlo Nikolic, CEO of Resonator
- Dr Rumyana Grozeva, Executive Director at Regional Economic Development Agency of Stara Zagora
- Mariyana Hamanova, Executive Director at Cleantech Bulgaria
- Arch. Lubomir Stanislavov, CEO of Automotive Cluster Bulgaria and Executive Director of Bulgarian Employers’ Association Innovative Technologies – BRAIT
- Prof. Georgi Todorov, Dean of Faculty of Industrial Technology, Technical University of Sofia
- Svetlin Penkov, Chair of AI Cluster Bulgaria
- Dean Palejev, Associate Professor at the Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- Dimitar Nikolov, Associate Professor at Technical University of Sofia, Faculty of Microelectronics
The plans for the future
It was a pleasure of Health Hub to meeting in person with all these outstanding professionals and scientists from the neighboring country of Bulgaria. We had exciting discussions for future partnerships on EU funded projects as well as other synergies involving iED and JOIST Innovation park.
The discussions will resume in May and June at the premises of Health Hub at JOIST Innovation Park in Larisa, Greece. They will mark the begining of our agreed collaboration on co-creating such events and activities in the future concerning AI, Digital Health, AR/VR, Digital Transformation, STEAM, Microelectronics and academic exchange of knowledge and good practices.