Youth’s interest in politics display an upturn in Europe. However, this change is more attached to tangible goals of decent living rather than EU’s priorities pertinent to democratic principles; citizenship practicalities; electoral matters, and so on.
In this context, 9 organizations formed the consortium of the Erasmus+ project YUPAD and efforts to promote youth participatory budgets across Europe.
Introduction to YUPAD project
YUPAD project prioritizes young people and attempts to promote the understanding of practicing youth participatory budget and its influence in the EU. In particular, the strategic partnership aims at broadening the knowledge of current practices on the subject.
The project design combines research, policy and practices regarding youth work.
Specifically, the strategic partnership aims at:
- Creating local policy mechanisms.
- Reinforcing educators’ capacities on non-formal educational activities intended for young people and in relation to the subject of youth participatory budgets.
- Enabling local authorities to implement youth participatory budgets through the use of big data and throughout digital transformation transition.
- Developing a community of youth participatory budget practitioners across Europe for the sustainability of the project results.
The project results are expected to have impact on:
- The capacity and skills of young people.
- The capacity of educators and the quality of the activities delivered on topics pertinent to youth participatory budgets.
- Local authorities’ capacity on youth participatory budgets implementation through the use of big data tools.
- Establishing advanced long-term cooperation between key stakeholders in all partner countries.
- Finally, establishing political level cooperation and acknowledgment of youth participation on a local level, in an attempt to cause systematic change towards pertinent innovative solutions of implementation.
Throughout the project activities, the impact on the target groups will be measured directly; and, indirectly, the impact on other stakeholders through activities of communication, dissemination, networking, and sustainability. Furthermore, the project impact will exceed the project duration, for 2 and 5 years afterwards.