The main οbjective of the “Deep IN WBL: Deepening WBL Impact & womeN empowerment” project is to foster a closer engagement in WBL by promoting a better understanding of
- The role of the different professionals involved in the implementation of the WBL
- The practices implemented to strengthen cooperation between teachers and trainers to improve the quality of VET, its responsiveness to the labour market needs and ensuring learners high quality learning experiences
- The practices implemented to empower women in WBL
In the framework of “Deep IN WBL: Deepening WBL Impact & womeN empowerment” project, an Inventory on successful experiences to boost participation of women in WBL was developed. The countries that were examined, were Austria, Greece, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Italy.
Concerning Greece, the findings included:
- ESPA initiatives: The aim of the programme is to develop, support and encourage entrepreneurship by women between the ages of 18 – 55, who wish to establish an enterprise in the sectors of manufacturing, services, tourist activities and e-commerce. (For further information click here: https://www.espa.gr/el/Pages/Default.aspx)
- Grants for Integrated Interventions for Women: The project “Grant for Integrated Interventions for Women” is part of Measure 5.3 of the Operational Program “Employment & Vocational Training” of the Ministry of Employment and Social Protection
- Congress of woman entrepreneurship: It aims to provide a cross-regional perspective on the best practices and prevalent challenges in scaling up women’s economic empowerment and entrepreneurial activities, in the field of alternative tourism in the Adriatic and Ionian Macroregion.
- International Women’s Day Conference: Successful women present their stories and trying to support other women.
Concerning the other countries, the following activities are mentioned:
- Part time vocational training for young parents
- Learning modules for in-company trainers
- Educative campaigns (videos and resources for the class)
- Private initiatives and many more
To learn more about the project and stay informed about its updates by visiting the official website: http://www.deepindualvet.eu