People with special abilities many times face a lot of problems and discrimination both in education and employment. According to Eurostat 2012 there were 70 million people aged over 15 with a disability in the EU. Unfortunately, youths with disability are having less opportunities to go further in education and to get realized in the labour market. The Erasmus+ project In Touch, aims to share best practice to increase experience and competences in delivering education through non-formal education.
The specific goals of the In Touch project are as follows:
- To build a long-term collaborative network of partners who are experts in the field of inclusion, empowerment and NFE entrepreneurship Objective
- To research external and internal tools, methodologies and resources and produce a Best Practice Report. Objective
- To use the partners vast knowledge and the collaboration on the Best Practice Report to design the framework of at least 5 inclusive KA2 Innovation projects on inclusion, empowerment and entrepreneurship for youth with special abilities especially disability in the next 24 months.
Partners from 9 south, north, eastern and western European countries are collaborating towards the completion of these goals. The partners will provide a review of entrepreneurship education for persons with fewer opportunities and will generate a genuine community of practice, a context for organic co-operation, learning and capacity building, and an inclusive collaborative working environment that reflects closely the ambitions of the partners.
The project partners are as follows:
- IKKAIDO LTD from the United Kingdom
- Asociatia Babilon Travel from Romania
- Aux Couleurs du DEBA from France
- BACKSLASH from Spain
- Eesti People to People from Estonia
- Global Organization for Development from Bulgaria
- Ikkaido Inclusive Martial Arts from Ireland
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development from Greece
- Wyzsza Szkola Biznesu i Nauk o Zdrowiu from Poland
Keep “in touch” with us and follow our project’s facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/In-Touch-100190348076910/