What is it about?
Gender equality is a key priority set with the Member States and Associated countries in the European Research Area. Research funding and performing organisations and universities are invited to implement institutional change through Gender Equality Plans (GEPs). The Council reaffirmed the need for sustainable cultural and institutional change along the three following objectives:
- Removing barriers to the recruitment, retention and career progression of female researchers;
- Addressing gender imbalances in decision-making processes;
- Integrating the gender dimension in research and innovation content
The action should focus on implementing Gender Equality Plans (GEPs) in research organisations and universities, as “drivers” for systemic institutional changes. The GEPs should be developed using a coherent approach, referring to the GEAR tool step-by-step guide. The proposed GEPs structure will include at least the following:
- Conduct assessment/audit of procedures and practices with relevant data to identify gender bias at organisation level;
- Implement effective actions to be developed over time, according to the identified bias;
- Set targets and monitor progress via indicators at organisation level.
- Increase in the participation of women in research and innovation and improvement of their careers prospects;
- Improvement of gender balance in decision-making bodies in research organisations;
- Inclusion, where relevant, of the gender dimension in research content and increase in the quality and societal relevance of produced knowledge, technologies and innovations.
In the medium to long-term, the implementation of Gender Equality Plans will contribute to the achievement of the ERA.
Deadline: 02 April 2019
Available call budget in EUR: 9,000,000
In the same framework, iED has already implemented several innovative projects which included innovative practices. If you are interested in applying for this call you could contact us and further discuss the available options.