At the Insitute of Entrepreneurship Development – iED, we are pleased to announce the launch of the ECO-Media project. This is one of our latest Erasmus+ projects for 2022, focusing on environmental sustainability and youth volunteering.
Let’s find out more details about the project.
Climate change is a global challenge, and we’ll have to face its consequences sooner or later. Thus, ECO-Media wants to spread awareness through digital activism to spread sustainability principles.
The project will train social and youth workers, school guides, mentors, tutors, and other professionals working with young people.
They will learn how to use community media to improve the quality of their work and communication. The aim is to empower young people and raise awareness of alternative volunteering ways like e-volunteering and digital activism with a focus on climate change.
Who are our ECO-Media partners
For best results, ECO-Media will be a 6-member partnership with organizations related to youth work, volunteerism, and environmental sustainability.
Our partners in the ECO-Media project are:
- Wisefour Innovation and Development Organisation Ltd from Cyprus
- Vienna Association of Education Volunteers (V.A.E.V.) from Austria
- Kestävän Kehityksen Instituutti ry from Finland
- ENJOY ITALY DI ALESSANDRO GARIANO from Italy
ECO-Media’s implementation is expected to last until December 2023.
ECO-Media’s main objectives
By the end of the project’s implementation period, our partnership hopes to have achieved the following results:
- increased digital skills and community media literacy among professionals working with young people,
- raised awareness of climate change through the engagement of young people in e-volunteering activities and activism, using community media as an innovative tool.
If you want to learn more about ECO-Media, you can visit the project’s official website.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.