The Youth Respect project completion has been finalized, and iED is very confident about the overall performance and results of the project. Youth RESPECT stands for “Youths’ REspect of Solidarity, Peace, Equality, Citizenship and Tolerance through creativity”. The strategic partnership of the project’s materialization was a combination of 4 organizations, from the following countries: Cyprus; Greece; Bulgaria; and, Poland.
The Youth RESPECT Design
The project was materialized under the support of the Erasmus+ programme. The Youth RESPECT intended to educate youths with qualities of solidarity; peace; equality; citizenship; and, tolerance. Moreover, the design encompassed creative means for the promotion of these concepts. In particular, the project was addressing youth workers, trainers, artists with activity related to youth education; and, youths of cultural minority backgrounds.
The main project objectives were:
• To equip youth workers with knowledge, non-formal tools, and methods in the field of diversity and inclusion. The objective’s goal was to increase their professional development through 3 short-term joint staff training events.
• The partnership’s aim was to build a strong network of support and to work as a living-learning repository.
• To develop the Youth RE.S.P.E.C.T YouTube channel as a source of international value; and, a place where the training material would be accessible to any stakeholder.
• To launch an awareness-raising campaign of “Youth RE.S.P.E.C.T thru Cre8tivity”, after the project completion, to disseminate the produced work.
Youth Respect Project Completion: Summary of Materialization Course
During the 2 years of the project duration, since 1st of September 2019 until 31st of August 2021, several activities have been implemented. In particular, the following actions occurred:
- Firstly, a training in Cyprus, from June 28th until July 2nd, 2021.
- Secondly, in Bulgaria, from July 19th until July 23rd, 2021.
- Finally, the third training occurred in Poland, from August 16th until August 20th, 2021.
Two transnational project meetings:
• In particular, a meeting in Cyprus.
• And, another meeting in Poland.
In addition, other deliverables materialized, were:
Finally, the project partners will continue their activities. In fact, for the next 5 years, after the end of the project, the partnership will continue the activities by organizing Youth Raising Awareness Campaign annually. The aim of the Campaign is to apply and disseminate the learning methods, acquired by youth workers, in order to support young people with their inclusion and to eliminate racist behaviors.
Our institute is very content with Youth Respect project completion and the productive collaboration among STANDOut (Cyprus); BASD (Bulgaria); and, SSW Collegium Balticum (Poland). iED is confident about the high quality of the outcomes; and, about the long-term benefits of the training materials.