The agricultural field of work is certainly a rather promising and at the same time very demanding field. A farmer needs to have perfect knowledge of how to use and manipulate the land in order to make a profit out of it. But, just as it is with pretty much every profession out there, agriculture is evolving, being affected by the rapid technological evolution.
Technology has revolutionized the way companies operate nowadays. Transportation companies, for example, can receive orders, pack and ship products all around the world within just a few days thanks to the technology they are now able to use. An important field like agriculture would not have fallen behind.
Enough innovation to go around
The problem, however, is that on the one hand technology is evolving but on the other hand, farmers are not able to follow the rapid changes. They do not have the knowledge and expertise needed in order to fully understand the new technology and the scientific evolution that comes with it. Help is needed and the European Union can offer that help through the projects being implemented.
Based on the Horizon 2020 call ‘’Fuelling the potential of advisors for innovation’’ the Institute of Entrepreneurship Development is able to suggest the training and certification of advisors in the field of agriculture.
Advisors can certainly have a clear impact on farmers’ and foresters’ decisions. They play a very important role in linking science and technological evolution with the actual practice of the profession. According to the IED’s idea, a certificate of qualification will be established which will allow professional growth of executives of advisory/counseling structures, the establishment of a European standard certification the facilitation of the comparison of skills and dexterities and finally, improving the impact and application of scientific knowledge in practical farming and forestry.
Implementing the Idea
The activities that will take place in order to implement the idea are the following:
- Development of a tailored made curricula for the training needs of the target group which refers to the following:
- knowledge and skills that are expected to acquire;
- the learning standards or learning objectives they are expected to meet;
- the books, materials, videos, presentations, and readings used;
- and assessments, and other methods used to evaluate learning and outcomes.
- Methodology and establishment for the certification
- Examination and search for other respective methodologies of valorization of qualifications that are applied at a European level
- Adaptation of methodology to the European Credit System
- Finalization of the methodology of valorization of qualifications
The Institute of Entrepreneurship Development is ready to work hard and provide its expertise to a professional consortium in order to implement this idea and help advance the world of agriculture. As an interested partner, contact us today and become part of our consortium.